The main details for the coming 2018 season are below:
1. Registration Evening - Friday 6th April - 19:00 - 20:30 in the Clubhouse.
2. If you are unable to attend on the 6th then I’m happy to accept a scan of the document to this email address together with a bacs payment, details are on the form.
3. Weekly Coaching begins on Friday 27th April for TOTS, u7, 9, 11 and 13, starting at 18:30. The age limit for the TOTS group is 2 ½ years old as at 1st April 2018. The season runs for 14 weeks and ends on Friday 27th July.
4. Sample club shirts will be available to order on the 6th if you wish to purchase, cost £15 each.
5. The u11's will play their matches on Sunday mornings, the u13's will be on Thursday evenings for away games and either a Tuesday or Thursday for home matches.
6 The u15's group at present have no arranged matches, the numbers look to be low. Last year we tried to net on a Monday, this year that is not an option. Craig Atlas has kindly agreed to do a net session on Friday evenings, starting at 7:30 -8:30 after the other age groups have finished. After three weeks we should be able to gauge the numbers and strength of the group and hopefully then start to arrange matches against a few local teams. This would probably be 8 a-side pairs. The club is keen to get this group some cricket as in 2019 the group numbers will, in theory, rise with the number of u13's moving up.
7. For the u9 group we have entered a Kwik Cricket Competition and will be playing against local teams.
Finally, at our recent junior meeting a discussion was held about ‘helping’. This year we have lost some capacity in our coaching team and we discussed at the meeting how we could manage this situation.
We have again included a box, on the membership form, so that parents can nominate one date to help on a Friday evening. This could be helping the coach during the session, set up and clear away after the session, take the attendance register etc. Always lots of things to do. It can be help for the group that your child is in. If you would like to help on a regular basis that is fine as well.
We would welcome children who want to gain experience for their DOE award, this has proved successful previously and we would like to continue with this initiative.
As it is a requirement on the club to maintain its Child Welfare and Clubmark policies, with particular reference to the mixed gender groups it is important that we have an increase in our female 'helper/parent' pool.
These volunteers must agree to be England & Wales Cricket Board DBS checked, which would be arranged through the club and would not involve attending any courses.
If you require any further information please contact me on this email address or on 07851 417064
Head of Junior Cricket
Updated 15:46 - 8 Apr 2018 by Chadlington Sports Club